This 400A 12/24V smart battery computer is designed to constantly monitor the charging status of your battery. It is supplied with an interactive, high-contrast LCD monitor, which allows the user to view data relating to the state of the battery, including voltage, charge / discharge current as energy flows in to and out of the battery, and other parameters.
Votronic 12v/24v 400a Smart Battery Computer Monitor
Votronic 12v/24v 400a Smart Battery Computer Monitor
This 400A 12/24V smart battery computer is designed to constantly monitor the charging status of your battery. It is supplied with an interactive, high-contrast LCD monitor, which allows the user to view data relating to the state of the battery, including voltage, charge / discharge current as energy flows in to and out of the battery, and other parameters. Using the advanced LCD battery monitor, the user also has the option to amend charging settings for the battery.
This product comes from Votronic, the leading German manufacturer of solar electronics. It has been designed, engineered and made in Germany, in compliance with the highest European quality standards.
The smart battery computer measures the vital parameters relating to the battery condition and the energy it receives / provides, and transmits this information to the LCD monitor, where it can be viewed by the user (and where some settings can be amended if necessary). The smart battery computer monitors the following values:
- Battery capacity. This is displayed in increments of 10% on a progressive bar scale on the LCD monitor. The battery computer accurately counts each Ampere hour (Ah) of capacity as it varies during charging and discharging of the battery, and updates the LCD display automatically. The LCD monitor displays battery capacity in both Ah and as a percentage value. The calculation of battery capacity takes into consideration the user-programmed battery characteristics, battery temperature (optional) and also accounts for self-discharge of the battery during periods of extended inactivity.
- Battery charging / discharging current. The LCD display shows the current flowing out of the battery (load consumption) which is displayed as a negative number, as well as the current flowing into the battery; displayed as a positive number.
- Battery voltage (also measured for an optional auxiliary battery).The battery computer is able to measure the voltage of the main battery (e.g. a leisure / domestic battery) as well as a second optional auxiliary battery (e.g. starter / engine battery) which may be connected to the spare terminals on the battery shunt. These voltage measurements are displayed on the LCD monitor, with clear arrow indicators to signal which battery voltage is being viewed.
- Remaining battery time. The LCD monitor is able to calculate the approximate length of time left in the battery, assuming that the load is left running at the same discharge rate. (If no load is connected, this feature will not be visible on the LCD display).
A data memory log also records the highest and lowest voltage / capacity rates, and time elapsed since the last 100% full battery charge.
The battery shunt features additional terminals to connect an optional on/off relay switch (not supplied, but easily sourced). The smart shunt can transmit a signal to a relay to switch off the load when battery capacity is low; thereby preventing deep discharge of the battery. The user can set the threshold at which this signal is transmitted – e.g. the load may be switched off when battery capacity falls to 30%. The user can also set the threshold at which the load is automatically reconnected (e.g. once battery capacity reaches 80%, the load is recovered).
Further adaptable features include a fully adjustable backlight on the LCD display, and the option to reset the data memory log at any time.
This smart battery shunt and LCD display is suitable for use with any 12V or 24V Lead Acid / Gel / AGM / Lithium battery or battery bank (max capacity 2000Ah). The maximum admissible nominal current through this device is 400A.
The shunt should be connected on the negative battery wire, close to the battery.
Please note that the LCD display is designed to be flush-mounted in order to achieve a level surface, and therefore requires a recess to be cut in the mounting surface / wall. Alternatively, a mounting frame (sold separately) is available for this unit, if external mounting is preferred.
The following items are supplied with this product: a 5m cable to connect the LCD monitor to the battery shunt, a ground strap to connect the battery shunt to the battery terminal, and 4 x screws for mounting of the LCD monitor.
- Nominal battery voltage (main or starter battery): 12V / 24V
- Operating voltage range (main battery): 8-32V
- Operating voltage range (optional auxiliary battery): 8-35V
Smart shunt specifications:
- Nominal current: 400A
- Max. current 15 minutes: 600A
- Max. current 7 minutes: 800A
- Max. surge current: 1800A
- Dimensions: 135 x 32 x 44 mm
- Weight: 240g
LCD monitor specifications:
- Size of front face: 80 x 85 x 24 mm
- Size of screen: 49 x 28 mm
- Size of recess required for flush mounting: approx 66 x 72 mm
- Weight: 55 g (without cable)
- Ground strap cross section: 25mm2
- Weight: 100g
- Mounting holes and 4 x screws for installation included
- 5m cable for the LCD monitor included
This product is covered by a 2 year manufacturer warranty.