Premium quality waterproof 80W (40W + 40W) 12V folding solar charging kit with a stand, an MPPT solar controller, 5m of cable, crocodile clips and a storage bag
80w 12v Lightweight Folding Solar Panel Kit with MPPT Controller
80w 12v Lightweight Folding Solar Panel Kit with an MPPT Solar Charge Controller
This lightweight folding solar kit is designed to provide free power for charging 12V batteries, for example in vehicles and boats (motorhome, caravan, camper, narrowboat, yacht etc) or any other systems with a 12V battery or battery bank. It comes with everything required for battery charging and can be used immediately – simply connect it to your battery and find a well-lit area for the folding solar panels.
This folding solar charging kit includes:
- Lightweight 40W + 40W aluminium-reinforced solar panels with a durable ETFE coating
- High-efficiency waterproof 10A MPPT solar charge controller
- Adjustable aluminium folding stand
- 5m battery cable with crocodile clips for ease of connection
- Protective storage case
- Installation manual
- Incredibly lightweight (only 4.5 kg) and easily transportable using the inbuilt handles and protective case.
- Suitable for all weather conditions – the kit is 100% waterproof, even including the solar charge controller fitted on the back.
- High-efficiency 40W + 40W folding solar panels are made of high quality German 5-busbar monocrystalline solar cells.
- Advanced 10A MPPT solar charge controller extracts the maximum power from the solar panels whilst providing complete safety protection.
- Adjustable aluminium folding stand for positioning the solar panels towards direct sunlight to maximise their output.
- Sturdy storage case made with a layer of protective foam to prevent accidental damage to the solar kit.
Lightweight aluminium-reinforced solar panels
The high-efficiency solar cells perform exceptionally well in low light conditions (particularly when compared to solar cells of another origin) and they produce a good amount of power simply in daylight, even when direct sunlight is not available.
These reinforced solar panels feature an embedded sheet of anodised aluminium fully encapsulated within the solar panels for added strength and resilience. In addition, the surface of solar panels is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard lightweight solar panels. As a result, these particular solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking, delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency.
High-efficiency MPPT solar charge controller
The waterproof, high-efficiency 10A MPPT solar charge controller mounted on the back of the solar kit constantly measures the battery’s state of charge to select the most appropriate charging parameters. The Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) functionality offers increased efficiency compared to standard PWM charge controllers and ensures that the solar kit provides as much power as possible. The controller also provides important safety protection for the battery against overcharging, reverse current/polarity, overheating and overload.
This kit is suitable for 12V lead-acid batteries.
Solar Panel Specifications
- Peak power: 80W
- Maximum power voltage: 18.3V
- Maximum power current: 4.37A
- Open circuit voltage: 22.6V
- Short circuit current: 4.85A
- Power allowance: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 56.5 x 51 x 5 cm (folded)
- Weight: 4.5kg
This product is covered by a 1 year workmanship warranty. In addition, solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years after purchase and at least 80% of nominal power in 25 years after purchase. This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of solar cells.
|Dimensions||565 × 510 × 50 mm|