200W 12V wind turbine with 5 blade construction. Can be used to supplement an existing solar system or as part of a standalone off-grid wind power system.
200w 12v Wind Turbine
Out of stock
Out of stock
200w 12v Wind Turbine
This 200W 12V wind turbine provides a reliable source of electricity for all types of off-grid applications. This turbine is designed for use in a wide range of locations with varying degrees of wind speed. For example, in high wind areas such as open fields, coastal areas, and high ground, as well as in low wind areas when raised on a suitable pole. It is suitable for both stationary applications (remote, off-grid, backup) as well as for mobile use (e.g. boats).
This wind turbine is also the perfect addition to any solar charging kit to supplement energy production (particularly useful for charging at night time or in countries with reduced winter sunlight).
Suitable for all lead-acid batteries (particularly leisure or ‘deep-cycle’ batteries) and Lithium-ion batteries used in caravans, motorhomes, campervans, cars, boats, off-road, industrial and commercial vehicles
This 200W 5-blade wind turbine is expertly designed to provide stable and reliable power with high efficiency in low wind conditions. Important characteristics include:
- Robust design: The casing of this turbine is made of strong cast aluminium alloy to ensure long-lasting use in harsh conditions whilst maintaining a rapid response to incoming wind.
- 5 blade construction: Maximises output in poor wind conditions and reduces the minimum required wind speed for start-up to only 2 m/s.
- Aerodynamic optimisation: The blades are optimally shaped for maximum efficiency and protection from strong winds.
- Automatic wind detection: The tail vane automatically seeks out the best wind direction and re-orients the turbine accordingly.
- Patented permanent magnet AC generator: Features a special stator for effortless operation with minimal blade resistance.
- Adjustable tube connector: Suitable for a wide range of mounting poles, including those typically used for scaffolding.
- Easy installation: Assembly of the turbine is extremely straightforward and requires minimal effort.
The maximum output of this wind turbine is not strictly limited to a specific power rating. Although this wind turbine is rated to produce 200W at a wind speed of 10 metres per second, when exposed to strong winds it has the potential to exceed its nominal rating. This wind turbine produces three-phase AC output and therefore requires a triple wire connection to a suitable charge controller. A suitable pole for mounting is required (not included).
- Number of blades: 5
- Rated power: 200W
- Maximum power: 230W
- Rated voltage: 12V
- Start-up wind speed: 2 m/s
- Rated wind speed: 10 m/s
- Survival wind speed: 45 m/s
- Blade material: Nylon fibre
- Generator type: Three phase permanent magnet AC synchronous generator
- Magnet material: Neodymium Iron Boron
- Generator case: Cast aluminium alloy
- Control system: Electromagnet / Wind wheel yaw
- Tube connector diameter: 54mm (adjustable)
- Cable: 3 single core cables with bare ends. Length: approx. 10cm / Cross section: 1.5mm2
- Working temperature: -40C to +80C
- Net weight: 7.5 kg
- Diameter of blades: 1.25m
- Compliance: CE, ISO14001, ISO 9001, TUV
- Screws included
This product is covered by a 1 year manufacturer warranty.