This high quality 10A 12V/24V dual battery solar charge controller is designed to charge and protect two batteries simultaneously, with automatic cut off to prevent over-charging.
10A Dual Battery Solar Controller PWM
10A Dual Battery Solar Controller
This high quality 10A 12V/24V dual battery solar charge controller is designed to charge and protect two batteries simultaneously, with automatic cut off to prevent over-charging. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your batteries. PWM technology can also recover some lost battery capacity.
This is a perfect solar controller for a caravan / camper van / boat or another system with two batteries (e.g. engine and leisure battery) or two battery banks. You can set initial charging priority e.g. 80% engine battery and 20% leisure battery. When one of the batteries is fully charged the controller will automatically divert all current to the other battery.
This controller can work with solar panels up to 160W (12V battery system) / 320W (24V battery system).
Can the unit work with only one battery? Yes, absolutely! The controller will determine automatically if there’s only one battery connected and will pass 100% of charging current to this battery. You can add a second battery later.
The unit has many protection functions, such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), over charge, short circuit, reverse polarity etc. Other features include various LED indicators, battery type selection (sealed, gel, flooded) and an RJ-45 socket for an optional remote LCD meter with 10m cable.
A built-in temperature sensor allows the controller to optimise the charging process depending on the ambient temperature. If you are planning to position the controller far away from the battery, or if the battery and the controller are exposed to different ambient temperatures, an external remote temperature sensor with 3m cable is recommended for this dual battery solar charge controller. To enable connection to the screw terminals of the controller, the green connector block on the end of the remote temperature sensor cable should be cut off.
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection
- Maximum solar input power: 160W (12V system) / 320W (24V system)
- Maximum solar input voltage: 30V (12V system) / 55V (24V system)
- 3 pairs of terminals (input, battery 1, battery 2)
- LEDs to indicate state of charge
- Temperature sensor for temperature compensation of charging (-30mV/C/12V)
- RJ-45 connection point for a remote meter (not included)
- Various protection features (over charge,short circuit, reverse polarity etc)
- Self-consumption: 4mA at night, 10mA when charging
- Working temperature: -35C to +55C
- Terminals for wire up to 4.0mm2
- Size: 15.5 x 7.6 x 4.0 cm
- Weight: 185 g
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
This product is covered by a 1 year warranty.
|Dimensions||155 × 760 × 40 mm|
|Maximum PV open circuit voltage||
30V (12V system) / 55V (24V system)